Monday, September 5, 2011

Proud as a Peacock

I am so excited and proud to show off this fun new quilt.  I can't remember if I have ever mentioned that my oldest son is a quilt designer.  He certainly never sewed at home but after a stint in publishing he began sewing and designing and never looked back.  He currently designs and does technical editing for Stitch magazine and his work has been seen in many other publications such as Quilter's Home and American Patchwork and Quilting.  But even more fun for me is the fact that he is starting a small pattern company and I sometimes have the opportunity to test patterns and make samples.  This is a new pattern "Peacocks on Parade" that should be finished soon.  
 It is a really fun quilt to make, especially fussy cutting all the little circles for the tail feathers.  It was a great excuse to use all those fun fabrics available right now.  Check him out at Feed Dog Designs and hopefully the pattern will be available soon.
This mom is sure proud as a peacock.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Holy Cow, a son who is a quilt designer! You should be proud as a peacock. The quilt is very cute. Here I thought I was a smart mom having a son live in Houston so I could go to the international quilt festival each year.

Carrie P. said...

totally awesome! you should be very proud!

Unknown said...

Do you have a pattern for this?