Monday, December 26, 2011

A quilt for a friend

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.  After hearing that one of his friends was having a tough time, my son and I decided it would be fun to work together to make her a quilt. We pulled several fabrics from my stash and these are the blocks we came up with. They still need some arranging but we are well on the way.  The picture isn't very good cause I am trying to post using my new tablet (a great Christmas gift if I could figure out how to use it).

4 comments:

LuAnn said...

Your son's friend will love the quilt. What a nice gesture. I love that block and the colors you have chosen.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That is a beautiful quilt!!! such pretty colours and a great pattern to show those fabrics off.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! And so cheery! I'm sure it will help pull her out of the doldrums.

Janet said...

It's really lovely Heather, I'm sure it will bring a lot of pleasure to the recipient.