Saturday, January 7, 2012

Busy days ahead


It has been quite a while since I have posted with any regularity and I am afraid that is going to continue for the next few months. Lots of stuff happening in my personal life that requires time and travel so there really isn't much time for doing much posting.  I tried posting on my new tablet but the pictures are somewhat grainy and I'm still not feeling real comfortable with typing on it but I will keep trying.

Anyway, I did get a chance to finish the quilt for my son's friend.  He and I are happy with how it turned out and hopefully he will get a chance to give it to her this week and she will like it.  The colors are so much prettier in person and we agreed that it was not too "little girlish" for a college age girl.  Having 3 boys I really don't have much opportunity to sew fun "girly" stuff so this was extra fun for me.  Gave me a chance to use colors that I love without wondering "what am I going to do with it".

In the close up I tried showing the overall quilting pattern.  It is a sorta paisley pattern that I use in lots of quilts.  I love the movement that it brings and the modern look that it has.  And done as a small background filler on applique it is wonderful. 

Not much else to show for now.  I am working on getting some hand applique ready for our road trip to Canada to visit my Dad who has cancer.  I really hope that we can avoid any snow and I am just dreading the cold weather.  I haven't lived in the north for a few years and probably don't even fit into any winter clothes right now!  I will just have to keep a quilt nearby to snuggle in.

7 comments:

LuAnn said...

Hi Heather My thoughts and prayers go out to your Dad. I'm glad you will get to spend some time with him, and I'll be thinking about you. The quilt you made for your son's friend is great, and I'm sure she will love it. I like your paisley quilting. I use paisley a lot, too, because I think it goes with a lot of different quilts. Take care.





.

Cardygirl said...

The quilt looks great. Have a safe journey to see your Dad...thinking of you!

Barb said...

Safe travels and lots of thoughts an prayers for your dad...

sunny said...

Heather, I hope you have a safe trip, and that you're able to spend some quality time with your Dad. Hugs.....

Rachaeldaisy said...

That is such a lovely quilt! Your sons friend will love it for sure! Sending prayers and strength to you and your dad.

Taryn said...

It is such a pretty quilt. Handwork is good for both long trips and stressful situations. Enjoy your time with your dad.

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.