Friday, October 26, 2012

Granny's lessons

One of the things I love about quilting is that you never stop learning, no matter how much you think you know! this quit taught me a few things. One is to trust my gut especially when it comes to color. After removing the block that was bugging me and changing out the centers of some other blocks I started liking this quilt more. But I also realized that I really don't love working with whole lines of fabric and actually would have preferred this in a more controlled color pallet. Frankly I prefer each block individually to the look of the whole quilt but maybe it is more that I prefer the fun of
pulling my own fabric collection together. So now I am trying to decide to just finish this or make it larger and
maybe even add back the block that I'm not in love with. Hmmm, so many choices.


7 comments:

Carrie P. said...

I like your blocks. The quilt has a very tropical feel to it and would be pretty in your new home.

Barb said...

Wonderful!!!!

Grit said...

Super, super schön.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm really loving your Granny blocks!! I know what you mean about using 1 fabric range, I always end up throwing a few other fabrics to the mix. That being said this is a great range and the colours are beautiful with these blocks.

Donna~~ said...

Your blocks are pretty--I like that fabric line (even own a couple of them). I can never resist adding fabrics to a group, and it seems like there's always one block (or two) that look different to me when I get them done too. But aren't those granny squares fun to do?

Dawn said...

Love your granny squares. Looks like a fun project to play with fabric selection - thanks for sharing!

evaj said...

WOW,,I love your blocks!!!