Monday, October 22, 2012

Sewing therapy

If you have been readings blog for awhile you know that I am in the process of moving house. Again. I figured out that this will be the 7th move in about 3 1/2 years, involving 2 countries (China and the US) and 4 states within the US. We currently own 2 houses in 2 different states that are 400 miles apart and I am going back and forth between the 2 while my husband works and I try to get one house ready to sell. Needless to say I am tired and often cranky about moving once again but fitting a little sewing in does help to keep me sorta sane. Last week I finally quilted this little wall hanging I made back in June and I was able to bind it this weekend between bouts of painting. It is hanging in the new sewing space that I am filling with bright happy things to make me smile.

8 comments:

Donna~~ said...

That's a bunch of moving--you must be an expert. I like your quilt--definitely a happy one! Hope you can get this move behind you and have more sewing time!

Mayleen said...

You must be highly organized with that many moves! I hope all goes well with this move and the sale of your home.

Surround yourself with bright and happy things!

Miriam said...

Beautiful!!
Glad to hear that sewing helps.

Good luck with painting, selling and moving. Hope it goes smoothly.

Carrie P. said...

getting ready to move and the whole process is such a job.
love your quilt!!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Darling quilt! Glad you can find time to sew while prepping for the move! Stay sane!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Moving is so unsettling, I feel for you. I hope it all goes well. Your wall hanging is really lovely and happy. Sewing is the best therapy!!

antique quilter said...

love your wallhanging it just makes me smile.
sorry about moving again...you must have this down pat though, I see a move in our near future and I am already dreading it!
good luck
Kathie

cajunquilter said...

What a happy quilt! Good luck on the sale of the house and with the move.