Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time for a change

  Like many quilters I suffer from quilter's ADD and these days I cannot get excited about finishing any of the projects I have been working on. I am beginning to suspect that there may be a bit of a seasonal disorder thrown in too as every year, about this time, I find myself wanting to work with bright happy colors.  Since my DH was kind enough to unpack and organize our second guest room I was able to find the perfect excuse to start a fun and easy project. This guest room will primarily be used for our grandson  and any other little ones that might come along, so I am decorating it with this color palette. I already had a black, white and pale aqua scheme going on so when I found the dot with all these colors I fell in love. I started collecting fabrics for this room before we realized that we had to move so I have lots of fabrics to choose from especially since I am suddenly seeing whole collections in these colors. Gotta say when I started collecting for the room, brown was really popular paired with these bright shades but black and grey were nowhere to be seen!
 I wanted to keep this first crib sized quilt gender neutral, fun and easy cause we are babysitting in a few short weeks and I want to get the room prepared for him. Each row is made up of 10 half square triangles. I used 5 inch squares to start and just cut 10 squares for each zigzag as I went along.  Since my longarm isn't yet set up, I am hoping that the quilting will also be pretty easy as I will be attempting it on my domestic machine and I am not sure that my knee is up to crouching to baste this just yet! 

6 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a burst of wonderful colours!! I bet you're super excited about seeing your grandson!!

Carla said...

Isn't it sweet! Enjoy the quilting

Cardygirl said...

Just love it Heather...bright, happy...love the colours. It will look great in the room for your little visitor!

Oops-Lah said...

Yes, it is indeed a change from your usual work, but nevertheless wonderful. I love zig zag quilts. They really are easy to make and look great too.

Donna~~ said...

I think every quilter needs a fun project now and then--and you've a good excuse for one! Can you use the spray baste and save your knee (how is it doing?) Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Mayleen said...

I think I suffer from the same seasonal color disorder! Your zig zag quilt is looking great.