Sunday, August 18, 2013

Selecting fabrics Part 2

I have been struggling with this all day hand finally realized that my most successful quilts are the ones that come together without a struggle. I was clearly trying to add a color that just doesn't quite work and the quilt was screaming at me to just stop! And then I remembered a fabric that I had in my stash and I had previously eliminated. Hmm, perhaps this used as the tiny border will be the better direction and I can just embrace the teal that is already there and forget about the aqua. Better sleep on it!




Happy stitching!

4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Amazing! Wow, I can't believe how lovely it already looks and again, how fast you work. I didn't comment on your last post as it was about 1 am in the morning here, but I wouldn't worry too much about colour at this stage. As you said, you'll introduce so many more to this quilt before it's finished, I'm sure it will all look harmonious and go beautifully with your decor in your living room.

The Quilted Finish said...

I see your dilemma and sympathise, I hate second guessing myself! I too have been a little concerned about choosing the fabrics as the quilt progresses.

I do prefer the darker oak leaf that you have chosen and I think the border fabric you have in this post looks great. Just my 2 cents worth.
Trust your instincts, they usually work in the end I find.
Cheers, Rowena

Rachaeldaisy said...

That border fabric looks great!! I bet you'll know for sure after sleeping on it.

Jane in Cumbria said...

Sleeping on it usually helps, I think. Success with working it out. I have similar problems here.....