Monday, August 19, 2013

Selecting fabrics Part 3

So I slept on it. And realized that the teal paisley border might look fine but it will pull me away my original plan. Which really is to use the reproduction Dutch chintz as my inspiration. When I bought all my chintz I imagined doing the border in red but was beginning to see too much red and started re thinking too much. I had also purchased 1/2 yard of another chintz thinking I could use it for broderie perse flowers along the way. Hmm maybe it could be used as the tiny border.



And here is more of that inspiration fabric.



And now I am leaning this way. Or there is another chintz that I used in the compass which is much like this one but a smaller print, but I would have to order more of it and at $40/yd for the chintz I want to be sure? And maybe instead of adding the aqua, I could add a bit of the darker blue that is in the chintz. So many choices but at least now I feel more comfortable with my choices for part 3 and know that I don't need to make the final decisions yet. Ok, feeling better - for now!



3 comments:

Donna~~ said...

The chintz is really lovely. I'm always indecisive, so likely won't be much help, but one thing I try to keep in mind is that there can be more than one "right" quilt. Likely both your choice 2 and 3 could be equally pretty, just in different ways. Since the borders are the easy part of this, why not let the quilt unfold and tell you which way it wants to go. Maybe a dark blue border will even come about? :) I enjoy watching your process--thanks for sharing it with us!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Great to hear you're back on track! That chintz fabric is so gorgeous!!

The Quilted Finish said...

The chintz is so gorgeous and really suits this quilt in my opinion. I love the colours, they work beautifully with the fabrics you have used so far. Definately prefer it to the previous choices.