Monday, December 30, 2013

Another mystery

Oh dear, these mysteries are a bit addictive. I just discovered a free online mystery that takes place on New Year's Day called Merry Mayhem mystery. You can google it or hopefully find it here. I am trying to figure out how to add links but I am struggling so it may not work.

It sounds like a fun day of sewing and my SIL and I have decided we will FaceTime during the day to keep up with each other's progress. Apparently a new clue is released each hour and by the end of the day you will have a quilt top. But first you need to pull fabric and then do some prep work which involves some cutting, marking and sewing. Since this a just for fun project I pulled from my stash and came up with this selection of 20 med/dks and 20 lights using the large floral as my focus fabric.

Well, I better go start getting ready for Wednesday!

 

7 comments:

Deb said...

1st isn't it great to just go to your stash and pick out 40 odd fabrics to use..LOL. These mysteries are perfect for us with the "larger" stash it put a wee dent in it.
Your fabrics are fantastic and now I will waiting to see what you can do in a day!

Dolores said...

I may work on it too. I printed off the requirements list but right now I am cutting for another quilt.

Cathy Hetzel said...

Your fabrics look great...enjoy the challenge....

Cardygirl said...

Looks like fun! It will be a fun sewing day with a finished top...perfect!

Karen said...

I have not seen one of those Mary Mayhem mystery quilt sew-alongs in a very long time. Not that I ever did one, but I have thought they looked very interesting. Enjoy your sewing time. I came across another New Year's Day mystery quilt sew-along but have forgotten where I found the information.

Every Stitch said...

How exciting - I am looking forward to spectating this one! The link worked fine thanks. Lovely lot of fabrics you have chosen but I think I am too much of a 'control freak' to do this :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and the perfect way to bring in the New Year!