Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The mysteries continue

I am all caught up with the Austen Family Album and can now relax with just one block per week. I really like the addition of the lighter fabrics and am enjoying each of these blocks. This week I finished 2 more. The first is called London roads and I was excited to find a suitable road fabric in my stash for the center. I am not thrilled with the second block but am at least pleased to be able to use more sampler fabric.

And I finally decided to get started on Part 3 of the Di Ford Mystery quilt in Quiltmania magazine. This part is made up of an appliqued border that includes regular appliqued leaves, broderie perse flowers and some EPP hexagon flowers. Since I am using my own fabric selections, rather than buying a kit, I have had to make a few changes in the broderie perse as I do not have as many different flowers to choose from. As a result all my borders will be the same and I am pleased with this layout.

Ready to get stitching!

 

11 comments:

Brandie said...

Part 3 of Di's quilt is looking fabulous!
I can't wait to see all your blocks together. Loving the fabrics you are using!

Cathy said...

I love your Di Ford Mystery quilt. It is so beautiful.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the Di Ford piece

Rachaeldaisy said...

Well done for catching up with blocks. Your Di Ford quilt is looking wonderful, I love that new border!!

Sil said...

Your quilt and fabrics are amazing. They look sooo pretty! Sil

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely blocks and your Di Ford is just amazing. How many more rounds will come?

Judy Dietrich said...

Love the London Road block---the blue and green arrows are a fun design. The Di Ford mystery quilt is fabulous!! Did you show the fabric you started with already?? I am trying to find some yardage that is appropriate.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your Di Ford top is so pretty and the center fabric for the London Roads block is perfect!

Jacky said...

Very lovely colours in the Di Ford quilt. I have a couple if friends doing the same. I like to find something 'interesting' to go in the middle of a block :)
www.thequietstitcher.com

Jacky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
audrey said...

LOVE that border! So gorgeous.:)