Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stonefields Part 3

Time for an update on my progress with Stonefields. I am still quite smitten with this quilt and love having these little blocks prepped for a little stitching whenever I have a moment. Perfect to fit in between my machine sewing bouts with the mystery quilt or holiday festivities. Outside decorating was done today, once again a new house means trying to figure out how to use what we have in a new arrangement. And we are still trying to figure out how to fit a Christmas tree in here! I have located one Christmas quilt, hmm where are the others?

So here are some more Stonefields blocks. The pattern shows all of these blocks with the inner cross but I decided to highlight a fabric in the center circle in two of them.

Here are a few flower blocks. I just love these little posies throughout the quilt.

I am not sure what these half circle blocks are supposed to be but they do offer an opportunity to use some large prints.

A couple 4 patch blocks set on point. I know the script is upside down in this photo but I think the flowers look better this way. Not sure how I will put it in the final quilt.

This flower is probably the most time consuming block I have done so far. I have one more of these still to stitch.

And this block is actually from part 4. I had a few minutes this week that I needed to stay up in my studio and hide out and this is what I did. Why hide out? Well, my DH forgot to tell me that we had a termite inspection early one morning and when the guy arrived I was still in my pjs (though truth be told I love my pjs and you might find me in them anytime of day). I was glad that my sewing room was upstairs! Anyway back to this block. There are no measurements for rotary cutting, instead templates are provided which would be perfect for hand piecing. But I decided to machine piece this one and spent a little time doing the math to make it work out. There are two more of these to make, a perfect chance to look for some fabric to highlight in the center square.

A few more hexagons done.

And finally all the finished blocks so far. I apologize for my poor photography but these big shots are really difficult. My temporary design wall must lean against cabinets behind it so it is on a slant which makes focusing very tricky!

 

 

16 comments:

debbie said...

I love, love,love your fabric choices! You are very productive, sewing and Christmas decorating all in the same day.

Kyle said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt. Your colors and fabrics are so sweet and lovely and all of your fussy cutting creates such interesting blocks.

Tina said...

What wonderful, beautiful blocks! I too, love your fabric choices! Great job!!!

Debra said...

Beautiful. Such great color choices. This is a lot of blocks! Can't wait to see this one put together. Do I need to make this???? :-)

Julierose said...

Absolutely beautiful applique blocks and pieced too. How do you get all this done? I am a slow sewer for sure... loving those colors...hugs, Julierose

audrey said...

Gorgeous work! Love seeing this quilt progress.:)

Bev said...

Wow! This looks awesome! I love all your little blocks! They're just yummy! XO

Karen H said...

You really are moving along on this quilt and the blocks are oh so pretty!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous - I just love the colour palette you are using, and you do such beautiful work. Sounds like a great excuse to get some extra sewing done!!

Barb said...

beautiful blocks!! thanks for sharing them up close and then all together. I love your pretty color pallet

Karen in Breezy Point said...

The blocks are so charming and fun. I love watching your progress!

Anne Marieke said...

Lovely work, Heather! And great idea to leave out those crosses. It gives much more opportunity to show lovely fabrics.

Karen said...

So beautiful in every way.

Thimbleanna said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I'm loving seeing several versions of this quilt on blogs -- SO tempting!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I must have had my head in the clouds because I haven't heard of this quilt. I love the blocks!! And your fabric choices are wonderful as always. How lucky to have a sewing room to hide in.

LuAnn said...

I love Stonefields, and your blocks are beautiful.