Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stonefields, Starting Part 4

Like so many of us, the holiday season's activities have cut into my sewing time. Rather than stitching I have been baking, cooking and entertaining so I have been glad to have had some of the Stonefield's blocks ready for stitching when I have had a minute here and there. I am caught up with my prepped blocks now so here are a few. First is the last block from Part 3.

This little tulip block is so sweet but I somehow got it off center. I added the little butterfly to fill the empty space. I also realized that the light pink did not show up against the background so I added a bit of embroidery around the edge.

I love these simple cameo blocks. Such fun to look for just the right fabric for the center. Sadly my ovals are not perfect but let's just say that adds to the charm. :)

This block is called Angel Wings. One of my favorites so far!

I am using my spare time to sew more hexagon flowers. Some are much nicer than others but I am determined to use as much of the pre cut fabric, leftover from a previous project as I can. When I cut new fabric I am doing some fussy cutting to make more interesting rosettes. Hopefully mixing them up in the border will give a nice look.

And finally here are the blocks together so far. I can't wait to get back to this after the holidays. Hope yours are happy.

 

 

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just gorgeous! I love every block. Merry Christmas

Every Stitch said...

Wow - don't they all look pretty together?! have a great Christmas and look forward to following your blog next year:)

Bev said...

These are the coolest quilt blocks ever! Hope you have a Merry Christmas! XO

audrey said...

Beautiful work! So pretty.:) Merry Christmas!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Your blocks are gorgeous!

Karen H said...

So pretty - love the ovals (they look perfect to me) and that little butterfly detail is so nice! Keep on sharing these pretty blocks as you make them!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

This is so pretty. I get tempted....

Cardygirl said...

These blocks are gorgeous!