Monday, April 6, 2015

A few new quilts on display

Since my last post I have made a few quilty finishes for my home. My SIL is coming for a visit later this week and between that and the change in season, it was time for a little sprucing up around here. I love trying to come up with ways to display my quilts in my home and love seeing others quilts on display so I thought I would share my new additions and where they can be seen in my home.

First up is this little mini quilt, really just a 16 in block. Sadly I can't remember where I found the pattern, just one of those things that I whipped up one afternoon between bouts of machine quilting.

I am using it in my living room as a little mat under my "crab basket" teapot that I purchased in China. The grandkids just love that teapot! You might also notice the middle pillow on the sofa, another recent finish while practicing my free motion quilting.

I have finished the quilting and binding on my Botanica quilt. I just need to add a label and it will be ready for my guild's quilt show in June. I hope to hang it in my newly finished lower level sitting room but til then I love how it looks draped over an extra chair in the diningroom. I love being able to highlight one of the blocks in this way.

Finally I made another mini quilt in bright colors. This one is February's Aurifil 2015 Designer Mystery BOM by Fig Tree Designs.

My lower level studio is almost ready for me to move into and I have decided that I will hang lots of mini quilts in the room. I love the bright modern fabrics but since most of my home is more traditional I will be decorating the studio with lots of bright quilts. It is such fun making these minis to hang. Here is this one in my current studio room, I couldn't resist hanging it right away. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I just hang these little quilts using straight pins into the wall. So easy and they leave very little mark when you take them down!

 

9 comments:

Dolores said...

Thanks for the hint about the pins for hanging minis. It saves on making a sleeve. I love the colours of your Aurifil mini. Your home looks very inviting with all of your quilts around.

Kyle said...

You've been very busy. I'm sure it feels good to have so many finishes. Hope we get to have a finished look at Botanica. Your home looks so warm and inviting with all of your lovely work.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Wonderful color combination on the little quilt; that is on your table with a tea pot on it. Beautiful Botanica Quilt. Your mini is bright and colorful too. Love all your designs.

Barb said...

great display tips. I love your churn dash - what a great color combination

Karen H said...

Botanica is gorgeous! In fact all of the quilts are gorgeous and they are so tastefully displayed!

LuAnn said...

Your home looks lovely Heather. I love that little mat under your tea pot. Your quilting (post before) is just beautiful. It just adds that extra something to that quilt.

audrey said...

How fun to see your quilts on display! I love the comfy look they add to a home.:)

Rachaeldaisy said...

What beautiful quilts! I love seeing them displayed around your home. Your wall colour is so beautiful! Have a lovely time with your SIL.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the peek into your lovely home. Your quilts add a beautiful, uniquely personal touch. I check your blog out quite regularly, I really like your colour sense and I'm envious of your machine quilting abilities. Karen